It’s gearing up to be a very busy season this year… there are Christmas markets and Grotto’s galore but here are 5 events which look particularly magical. Share with friends.
- Phoenix Park Christmas Express Train. Phoenix Park have a fantastic event’s calendar planned throughout December: take the Christmas Express Train and while sipping on hot chocolate chugga-chugga choo choo your way through the park, past the live animal crib, past Santa’s reindeers and feel free to sing your way along…apparently the driver loves it! Arrive at the christmas market – Santa will be there for those who would like to visit. Book early, visit phoenixpark.ie for details.
- Farmleigh House deserves a blog in itself, there is so much happening there this December. Lots of good old fashioned Christmas events, like storytelling, christmas carols, Punch and Judy shows, puppet shows, christmas markets… lots of events planned around weekend dates especially. Download their Christmas Programme at www.farmleigh.ie/events .
- Panto – it’s kind of a must-do in Dublin, and virtually every theatre has one on – Peter Pan at The Gaiety, Aladin at the Olympia, Cinderella is a busy lady this Christmas being at both The Helix and The Cheerios Panto at The Tivoli. For those who would like something a little bit different however, The Ark present ‘A Most Peculiar Wintry Thing’ described as a music show that explores the magic and mystery of winter.
- Imaginosity Children’s Museum – have organised a Christmas Programme that includes face painting, Grinch story performances, Elf on the Shelf storytime and lots more. As always with Imaginosity it is wise to book in advance. Further details on their website.
- The Botanical Gardens, Glasnevin always have a lovely children’s programme and this Christmas is no exception. Workshops on how to make eco friendly christmas cards, Christmas Markets, music and carol singing – this coming Saturday 14th looks especially festive. See botanicalgardens.ie for more details.